
I have never been rejected in my life. Even though I didn’t get into the IITs or any of the big universities, there was nothing as a rejection that I saw in my life. I have been someone who was praised by every Personality Development teacher in front of whom I opened my mouth. Someone whom the entire class thought would be the first one to be placed in class.
There was so much anticipation and enthusiasm about this first company that was coming to my campus… SATYAM… I never thought that I was a certain candidate but I always thought that if I got through this one I would never know what rejection is. God heard me… I was rejected in the first round, the aptitude round and guess what… my entire class cracked it. People who had never talked to me in class, called me up to sympathize and console me.
I saw hopes crashing on people’s faces, their dreams, their expectations dying… But you know what; I was enjoying losing just for a change. I always believed that I Am The Best (and that’s what I keep on saying) but there was this one thing that made me realize that no one is too good. There is always a full stop or a comma that can be added to a person’s performance.
My best friend got through, my very good friend got through and all my good friends were there preparing for their first interview the next day. I went to see them off at the bus stop and wish them all good luck. I could see the pain on their faces that leaving me behind was giving them. It didn’t hurt me, really. The entire day passed and I kept abreast with what was happening at the venue.
And then came the shock of my life… At around 6:30 pm my friends somehow discovered that I had cleared my aptitude test but my name was skipped in the list. After lots of difficulties all my friends managed to convince the HR that I be called and allowed to give the interviews that were the second and the third rounds. For this they had to rage a mini-war with the college management.
There was no rejection. I was among all of them. I was there at around 8 pm. And now I discovered what friends are, what their warmth is all about and why having them is such a blessing. There is no such thing as a competition between friends and that it was always a pleasure to see a friend back in the race, the race for their first job. They treated me like a princess, a treasured gift and no words that I can ever write will succeed in portraying just what I felt then. They had already filled my form and the details. They all surrounded me as I wrote down the essay that was a part of the form. Their love, their interest, their concern, just everything they did was so genuine, so warm that it enveloped me on that chilly January night. In a matter of few minutes, I cleared my first round and at about 11:30 I gave my final HR round.
The best part was still to come… all my friends got through…. And this time I was a part of the selected crew…
This was one adventurous day that shall stay with me forever. I asked for the experience of a rejection… and there was God standing with that experience for me and also with the experience of selection in the same company… Who said miracles don’t happen, who says God’s existence needs a proof… I’ll give you the proof. I heard him say… “Go, here’s your chance…” I felt him pick me up in his arms and carry me to my destiny. I saw him around me in the form of friends that were struggling for me…
There was one thing I heard from childhood… and now I believe in it more than anything else….
HOW GOOD GOD IS…
Thank you everyone…
There was so much anticipation and enthusiasm about this first company that was coming to my campus… SATYAM… I never thought that I was a certain candidate but I always thought that if I got through this one I would never know what rejection is. God heard me… I was rejected in the first round, the aptitude round and guess what… my entire class cracked it. People who had never talked to me in class, called me up to sympathize and console me.
I saw hopes crashing on people’s faces, their dreams, their expectations dying… But you know what; I was enjoying losing just for a change. I always believed that I Am The Best (and that’s what I keep on saying) but there was this one thing that made me realize that no one is too good. There is always a full stop or a comma that can be added to a person’s performance.
My best friend got through, my very good friend got through and all my good friends were there preparing for their first interview the next day. I went to see them off at the bus stop and wish them all good luck. I could see the pain on their faces that leaving me behind was giving them. It didn’t hurt me, really. The entire day passed and I kept abreast with what was happening at the venue.
And then came the shock of my life… At around 6:30 pm my friends somehow discovered that I had cleared my aptitude test but my name was skipped in the list. After lots of difficulties all my friends managed to convince the HR that I be called and allowed to give the interviews that were the second and the third rounds. For this they had to rage a mini-war with the college management.
There was no rejection. I was among all of them. I was there at around 8 pm. And now I discovered what friends are, what their warmth is all about and why having them is such a blessing. There is no such thing as a competition between friends and that it was always a pleasure to see a friend back in the race, the race for their first job. They treated me like a princess, a treasured gift and no words that I can ever write will succeed in portraying just what I felt then. They had already filled my form and the details. They all surrounded me as I wrote down the essay that was a part of the form. Their love, their interest, their concern, just everything they did was so genuine, so warm that it enveloped me on that chilly January night. In a matter of few minutes, I cleared my first round and at about 11:30 I gave my final HR round.
The best part was still to come… all my friends got through…. And this time I was a part of the selected crew…
This was one adventurous day that shall stay with me forever. I asked for the experience of a rejection… and there was God standing with that experience for me and also with the experience of selection in the same company… Who said miracles don’t happen, who says God’s existence needs a proof… I’ll give you the proof. I heard him say… “Go, here’s your chance…” I felt him pick me up in his arms and carry me to my destiny. I saw him around me in the form of friends that were struggling for me…
There was one thing I heard from childhood… and now I believe in it more than anything else….
HOW GOOD GOD IS…
Thank you everyone…
2 comments:
Congratulations :)
U think a lot... Just like me...[:)]
Post a Comment