Saturday, March 08, 2008

TAKE 1: EMOTIONS... !!!




Emotional fools would be the wrong cliche… I hate using it. But yes, we are all emotionally gullible. I don’t know why. We love a lot, we hate a lot, we smile a lot, and we cry a lot… in short, we feel a lot. We take things down from our ears and straight to the heart. We store it there and look for a convenient time to wrack our brains on processing it over and over again. Calculating if things had not been like this, which way the tide would have turned. Incommoding ourselves over vexing problems seems to be our favorite pastime. We take people for granted; we take things and situations for granted. We expect a lot. We can’t cope up with the fact that we are all separate little beings who opine in their own way, look at things differently and form varied perceptions about them. We want people to take things the way we perceive them and agree with our notions. We have evolved as humans, mentally and physically, but one thing I think that we are still to learn is to respect other’s feelings. Imparting space when they need it the most. We have only learned to infringe rightfully upon people’s solitude, their own inner private world, their right to converse with themselves even in a crowded place.
I am not against loving people… but the kind of idea I intend to propagate is that of unconditional love. Love that is independent of how people behave in diverse situations, that doesn’t keep in account what you did and why you did so. Love that cannot respect the way you feel, the way you see things, I don’t think that’s love… that’s more of a deal that states… “Change a bit for me and I change a bit for you”… Why the change? Why care so much… why even give a damn for that matter… why take pains…?
Why waste time, why waste energy processing over how and why others behave the way they do… how many ways you dislike the way they react to situations and what can you do to “improve” upon this sort of redundancy in their characters… Just love them, love them for the person they are, love them because that’s the best you can give them… your love…
We think a lot… we hate our happy lives… we cannot overlook faults…
I don’t intend to change or influence the way you think, it’s just the way I feel and I take complete liberties in expressing it. May be I’m being point-blank… but that’s something I have always believed in… giving my candid opinions where I think they are needed…

P.S. : This post has no relations to any person or situation in particular. It’s just my take on 21 years of life being surrounded by people who are afflicted deeply by emotions and no wonder I’ve been molded in the same ways more or less. The readers (if any) are requested not to be offended with my freedom of speech and expression… The post is meant for me just as much I mean it for anyone else… And by the way… you can choose to disagree…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good shubham..as alwayz..
but i wuld like to say sumthing....
its not that if we complain abt how the ppl we love behave at times means that we want them to change...its jst dat we are connected to them emotionally so much..that we get affected and so feel free to say...that dosen't mean that love gets affected...by saying wat u feel dosen't mean that ur love is conditional,its not infringing on ppl's solitude...its also love, different way of expressing love..but love..feelings are not disrespected jst by saying sumthing to ppl u love...its not energy wasting dear...its also love..saying sumthing dosen't alwayz mean dat u disliked the way somebody reacted to situation...U CAN NEVER DISLIKE ANYTHING ABT A PERSON U LOVE...its jst dat u feel ur right to say wat u felt..dat's not offending...
wen u love someone u love them wid all ur heart...u dnt make accounts of wat they did wen...u r very right on that..love dose'nt need accounts..
n even if u disagree at times wid ur loved ones..love dosen't change even a bit..it dosen't becum conditional ...
dat's my take on it...:)
no offense intended..:D
waise dear u were toooo good on ur part...really..:)

CRD said...

very well written. made a lot of sense. difficult to imbibe though. maybe because im too passionate.

keep writing

chris
www.crissdude.blogspot.com

Gandalf said...

Very interesting thoughts. If all those in love thought this way, relationships would not break.

"Word Life" said...

each and every word written here screams out ur heart !!!

Anonymous said...

hey shubham di..another piece of your genius..your are really gifted!! and you should write more often. Here i would just like to mention my point of view that sometimes when we ask a person to do something it doesn't necessarily mean we want them to change, its just that we think that it might be better for that person. To a certain extent I agree with Neha di when when she says that saying something u feel to someone you love is not infringing on people's solitude and even if it is, then our love for them gives us a kind of unspoken right,a (mutual) liberty to express exactly the way we feel for them, its a part of the unconditional love you are talking about because its in voicing wat u feel its freedom lies. I would a also like to disagree with Neha di on one point that u can't dialike anything about a person you love. I feel sometimes u can love a person even if you dislike him or her, sometimes! waise your take 1 on emotions is a great read. Waiting for Take 2...!