
Here’s my take on it:
A start to what?
I know not yet.
Do I really wanna meet the people,
I’ve actually never met?
Or is it the abyss of time,
That captures my fascination.
Going down the memory lane,
Is hardly an imagination.
It is a world to me,
As real as this one.
Where memories got their start,
And a whole new life had begun.
Fourteen years back in time,
I see it bright as ever.
I haven’t forgotten it till now,
And I know I’ll forget it never.
I cried when I was stepping in,
I never wanted to go.
I cried when I was stepping out,
And I still don’t wanna go.
I went to it when I never knew,
What it could mean to me.
I still crave to go back to it,
If only time could stop, u see.
If only I could get more of it,
My heart still keeps wanting.
If only the life ahead of me,
Wasn’t so dreadful and haunting.
If only there was a way out of here,
Back to days so cool.
If only I could find myself,
In the confines of my school.
If only I could relive those days,
And run around the place.
I know my heart would be satisfied,
Having found its solace.
If only I could get to carry,
The burden of my school bag.
If only I could still put around me,
The lovely school identity tag.
If only life could be as fun,
As in the physics or chemistry lab.
If only I could lay my hands,
On a history project or a geography map.
If only I could still hold hands,
And play “four corners” in the corridor.
If only I could knock on them,
And enter through the classroom doors.
If only I could stand against time,
And refuse to leave my home.
But I know I am powerless,
This thought now melts my bones.
If only I could realize,
Its time to say goodbye.
The bestest times have come to an end,
And the years have passed by.
Written by : Me, of course.
(shouldn't u hv known dat by now??)
5 comments:
tht made me nostalgic..nd i luv poems....me addin u in my fav list!
Keep bloggin!!
u made me miss my school badly!
i still miss my school.no wonder i made u do the same.nice feeling.isn't it?
god...i alwz luv ur poems bt reading this i had d ardent desire 2 run bk to d same protected enviornment, d same loving confines...bt i gues life has moved on n so shud we
U came out the feelings abt the school nicely.....
Post a Comment