A wonderful moment inspired a father to write a letter to God, to be thankful to him for the blessings we have. It is regarding the feelings he had when Deshna... (his only daughter...) joined the Play school.

Dear God,
I know and strongly believe in your existence everywhere all the time. You very well know what's happening and what will happen in our life in future, but still I wish to share something with you from my heart.
We were so excited that our little daughter Deshna will go to play school from 2nd April’2007. We tried her school dress on her and she looked like a beautiful angel…. It worried me how she will face this world alone. It shall be the first time she will have to face this world for one and a half hour without her mother. World's most difficult task for a kid ageing 2 years 6 Month and 30 days......the first exposure to the outside world. God, it really worries me how.... how can we leave alone our Deshu for full one and a half hour with this outside world.... the world which is not like the world u once created. If it was that same beautiful world you created I would have never mind letting her face this world alone…. But I know the truth... She has to face this world as it is, just like any other human being. She has to start her journey, she has to... and it's time...
Day one... April 02’2007......
God, it was a great moment in my life. Deshu woke up and her mother dressed her up neatly. I was in seventh heaven. Together we went to her school. She was looking at her school with huge excitement but her full concentration was on the swings in the middle of the playground. We let her enjoy the swings before moving her to the classroom. When we went to her classroom, it was full of little angels, some crying, some wondering and others trying to feel the brand new atmosphere. We left her in the classroom... and discovered that she was strong enough not to cry when she saw others crying. She sits down very silently on her chair. We came out from the school building but again went back to the premises and had a glimpse of her from a window at the back of the classroom. She was sitting silently but looking at the crying little angels. Finally I start towards my office leaving her mother in the school campus for taking care of her in case my angel needs her mum.
Mid way to my office... I had a thought that I should be there at school premises only with her mother, but I have to reach my office to play my another role and I was already late that day. I wish fathers had more time to spend with their little cherubs. Later on that day when her mom went to collect her from the classroom she started crying at the first look at her mother. She must have realized that this was what she had been missing for the past one and a half hour... my angel.
Day three.....April 04’2007.......
God, we had settled for a van to drop Deshu from school to back home. Still I went to drop Deshu to her school, this time without her mom. This day I will never
forget in my life as a day that I was overwhelmed with feelings beyond the expression of words, the furthest corners of my heart touched by my dearest daughter's wordless affection.
After enjoying swings with Deshu I went to drop her to the classroom. After putting her bag & lunch on the table, I helped her to sit on her chair. I said to her, "Okay Deshu, bye baby, your mom will come soon (though it was a lie, as that day only the van guy was supposed to come to get her home).
As I turned myself to leave, suddenly Deshna held my index finger tightly. Now this was not the first time she had held my finger so tightly, but that was the first time my daughter held my finger with strong belief in me. It made me realize how much she loved and entrusted me. It made me realize the responsibilities I have, the role which I have to play for her to let her face and succeed in this world. Suddenly I realized that I am blessed with your love in the form of Deshna. She is the most precious gift to us from you. Her tiny speechless gesture shook me to the core... and I knew at once, that there was nothing more that I wanted from life than to see her smile and see myself doing my best for her... preparing her for this world. Of course God she did not cry even this time... and I finally left for office.
God, I never claim to be a poet or writer. I know very well that my writing skills are not up to the mark, but that beautiful moment forced me to share my feelings with you. I hope I am clear what I wish to share with you. I hope that just as you have shown faith in us with your blessings, you will also give us courage and ability to handle them with care... to guide our little daughter throughout her life... to make her a good human being. I'm sure you will give us the abilities to differentiate between good and bad, to show her the right path throughout her life.
We wish your blessing for our daughter Deshna.
We hope……
With Love
A Father
April07’ 2007
I would like to express my gratitude towards my uncle… (the father in this case…) for allowing me to post this very personal and intimate letter on my blog. Thanks.… Love you, chachi and of course Deshna always.
And there goes the first post on my blog without the bottom line…
It’s not written by Me… and yet I love it…
5 comments:
hey nikicha...
i loved each and every word of it...
dats why i wanted it to be on my blog..
thanx a ton for allowing me to do so..
this is one of the most cherished posts on my blog...
here's wishing that all ur dreams regarding Deshna come true...
wishing you love and luck...
i dnt think dis letter can be justified by any comment.....
its every word is lovely...
i dont know what to say..
this blog really made me speechless.. it's so precious moment..
i just cant explain u how m i feeling now..with every single word i was reading navya was on my mind doing such n such..
when i was in delhi around a year back n when they came at our place for a week.. i remember she always use to bring some paper n pen n ask me to write her name on that.. tht was so sweet(i felt that time) n now its the same feeling coming in my mind.. she is adorable..
i wish n pray to God that she get wht all she deserve.. coz i kn she deserve to be THE BEST... lil sis of the best..
hehehehehe
Missing u all dear....badly...
Truly amazing! :)
Well written article.
Post a Comment